[PD] GEM help

Jonathan Goodwin jonathan at jgoodwin.co.uk
Sat Jan 28 15:50:07 CET 2006

Sorry for the bombardment of questions lately....I'm just really struggling
with controlling the start frame of videos.

I have tried setting up metros and counters etc to send frame numbers to the
right inlet of [pix_movie] but this doesn't seem to work.

I notice that when you open a video file in PD you get a message like:

GEM: pix_film:
Loaded file:
/Users/Jonathan/Documents/BA/Productions/Installation/Patches/videos/vid1.AV
I with 90 frames (320x240)

I was wondering perhaps whether my answer lay in somehow loading the videos
to memory etc rather than re-opening them from scratch each time they need
playing, as this may be why they re-start each time?

Is this possible?