[PD] writing to log files

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Jan 31 05:48:02 CET 2006

On Jan 30, 2006, at 1:12 PM, cdr wrote:

> On Mon Jan 30, 2006 at 12:04:07PM -0600, chris clepper wrote:
>> On 1/30/06, CK <chris at lo-res.org> wrote:
>>> I read:
>>>
>>> [/tmp/log log this stuff (
>>> [shell]
>>>

>>> cat /tmp/log
>>>
>>> #!/bin/bash
>>> echo $@ >> /tmp/log.txt
>>
>> Yeah, I already thought about that, but this will have to work under
>> Windows as well.  I don't have a working [shell] for Windows at the
>> moment...
>
> i must have deleted the beginning of this thread without reading it,
> but what about
> [msgfile] and [textfile] ?
>
> on windows if you have mingw installed you can
>
> [echo $1 >> c:/var/log.txt(
> |
> [popen]
>
> or something...

Wow, I didn't know about [popen]... how is it different from [shell]?

It seems like [shell], [system], and [popen] should all be merged into
one object, or maybe that's what [popen] already is.

Or does [popen] work something like UNIX/PHP's popen?

____

this we should do freely and generously.
                                                   - Benjamin Franklin