[PD] dvb-s card and Gem separator pb

vincent rioux vincent.rioux at no-log.org
Tue Jan 31 10:30:39 CET 2006

hi Ben,

B. Bogart wrote:

> Hey Vincent,
>
> does the dvds card give you a V4L2 interface or some other thing that is
> independant?

well, as far as i understood latest drivers from linuxtv are designed to
merge v4l and dvb interfaces.
i found that kaffeine will look for dvb device in sth like
/video/dvb/... (i don't have the computer in front of me right now so i
am pretty sure the path is a bit wrong). btw, using kaffeine is nice
because it can scan automatically satellite channels...

xawtv seems to recognize the dvb device just like anyother v4l device.
even Gem e.g. seems to recognize the dvb device.
but in both cases (xawtv and Gem) i can't get any image...

i thought about using a video stream to get the tv flow in Pd but did
not experiment a lot yet.

greetings,
vincent