[PD] [GEM]-gemmouse and gemkeyname

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed Feb 1 17:05:25 CET 2006

On Feb 1, 2006, at 10:13 AM, som e imagem wrote:

> Hi,
> I have some problems with "Gemkeyname" and "Gemmouse" objects.

...snip...

> I am using PD-0.39-2 with GEM 0.90 on a Mac PowerBook (OSX 10.3.9)

...where did you get the GEM 0.90?  I don't recall when the input
event code was corrected, but it's definitely in cvs...OTOH, you
mention using pd-0.39-2, so I assume you complied that yourself or
are using Miller's pre-compile...in this case, you are missing a
crucial patch that gives pd and the gem window all the necessary
things to convince the finder to give them full application status,
and thereby let the gem window become the "front window"...

...another way to check this would be to look at the gem window when
it is created:  does the title bar look kinda "grayed" out?  Also,
with the window created, is there an icon for pd in the dock?  If so,
ya need to switch to HCS's installer, or apply the patch yourself
(see archives)...

james

ps:  if the above is true, you can still input events by additionally
holding down the "command/open-apple" key...but this is kinda wonk-y...