[PD] dvb-s card and Gem separator pb

vincent rioux vincent.rioux at no-log.org
Fri Feb 3 20:27:57 CET 2006

/*ben*:
Somewhat related question:
Could we tune into network streams using the ffmpeg loader

*arthur:*/

>hey.  I wrote  a little DVB reader and channel switcher this summer.

hi Ben and August,
thanks for you help.

actually, i got the feeling that using pdp/pidip would help, at least
you can specify diretly the device you want to open, but:

| open /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 (

| pdp_v4l|
does not seem to lead anywhere.
and /dev/video0 actually recognizes the dvb device but i just get some
video noise.

i tried to use the stream facilities in kaffeine and receive it with
pidip but pidip compilation breaks with ffmpeg (cvs) concerning (just by
chance) pdp_live~ object...

i'm stuck, and yes i would really like to be able to switch channels
within Pd.
so well, August, i am quite curious to try what you wrote last summer.

best regards,
vincent