[PD] dealing with arguments and inlets

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Feb 4 18:41:13 CET 2006

On Feb 4, 2006, at 4:05 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> My goal is to make these a standard way of handling arguments when
>> writing classes in Pd.  What do y'all think?
>
> I think that if Pd had MAX's [patcherargs] then it would be a first
> step
> towards getting out of the stone age.

I don't entirely get how it works, looking at the help patch.  What are
the "attributes"?  Is [patcherargs 10 20] like this: [float $1]  [float
$2]?

> From there it'd be possible to make one abstr on top of that, which
> would
> handle all arguments at once and ensure respect of common set/bang/get
> methods in inlet 0.

It seems to be a black box, which I am not a fan of.  I think we can do
it cleaner and do it mostly in Pd.

____

"I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits."
                                             - Martin Luther King, Jr.