[PD] adding xsample library to Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC7

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Feb 5 20:56:51 CET 2006

Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC* were all compiled on 10.3.9 with all the
updates.  This is what I have for libstdc++:

/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.0.3.dylib
/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib
/usr/lib/libstdc++.a

.hc

On Feb 5, 2006, at 2:00 PM, alexandre r. decoupigny wrote:

> hello,
>
> thats bad news really. this list was the last hope i had. what version
> of osx are you working on ?
> are you sure there is nothing im missing ? what else could keep pd
> from loading up a library ?
> i dont want to give up on this library.
>
> alexandre
>
> On 05/02/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>> In Pd-0.38.4-extended, on both the Windows and the Mac OS X, the
>> xsample binaries are from Thomas' website.  Its worked fine for me so
>> far so I don't know what to tell you.  I haven't used it, so I don't
>> know much about it.
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On Feb 5, 2006, at 10:10 AM, alexandre r. decoupigny wrote:
>>
>> > hey,
>> >
>> > in os x ver. 10.3.9 im having great difficulties adding the xsample
>> > library to
>> > this particular version. in the .app info i can see the binary that
>> > dowloaded
>> > is added as a plug in.
>> > but when i add xsample into the start up list pd prints out the
>> message
>> > xsample: cant load library on the next start up. there must be
>> > something
>>  > im missing..
>> >
>> > i already talked to thomas grill who helped me a great deal.
>> >
>> > thanks
>> >
>> > alexandre
>> >
>> > --
>> > alexandre r.
>> decoupigny_______________________________________________

>> __
>> ____
>>
>> "Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
>> It's about as sensible to say we declare war on night attacks and
>> expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war on
>> terrorism."
>>                                      - retired U.S. Army general,
>> William Odom
>>

> --
> alexandre r. decoupigny

____

"Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice, it
can change entire economies."
                                                     - Amy Smith