[PD] GOP positioning

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Feb 7 23:33:10 CET 2006

On Feb 7, 2006, at 3:46 PM, cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com wrote:

> Related to a question someone just asked:
>
> How exactly does one control the appearance of GOP subpatches in the
> master patch? I always end up with sliders stuck together and
> overlapping
> on my master patches...
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
> P.S. : I'm recently getting back into PD/GEM in a more serious way, so
> be
> expecting to get a lot of questions from me. I'm hoping I don't have to
> end up resorting to Max/MSP + Jitter, but still some things I need seem
> missing. Of course, one issue is no [hid] [pdp] or [pidip] on Windows
> if there was a SIMPLE and audio-ready Linux install I could use just
> for
> PD as a second OS on my laptop I'd consider it, but my past (bad)
> experiences installing Linux have not made me too keen on trying
> this...

A [hid] port to Windows is underway.  I could whip out a [directinput]
object if I had a day behind a windows machine (I currently don't have
one but will have regular access to one soon).  A [hid] object is going
to be more complicated because of Microsoft's characteristic arbitrary
limitations.

As for pdp and pidip, I think it would take a couple days to port it to
Windows using MinGW.  That's just a guess.  I'm not going to do it
myself anytime soon, but I can give assistance.  And lots of people
would be happy to have it working on Windows.

____

publicity.

                      - Bill Moyers