[PD] GEM: translucent objects, other effects, and tutorials/instruction

Tomato Thaumato thaumato.open at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 21:02:19 CET 2006

Hello list,

The answer may already be on the webpage, but to a graphics newbie such as
myself, I could not find the answer.
How do I create a translucent object?  And for that matter other "vital"
effects?
I personally learn by example, and if anyone would be willing to supply me
with some really exciting looking patches I'd be more than happy to break
those patches down into "tutorials" for someone like me who is just learning
to use the material.  Some of it has to do with the basic ideas behind
objects.

For example, as a beginner to audio production, I might discover that I
could get a "neat sound different from osc~" by using phasor~, but it might
not occur to me that phasor~ has other uses besides just as a saw-tooth wav
that would help me later on as I tried to accomplish more complex tasks.

If someone thinks they have a bunch of varied, interesting, patches, I would
LOVE to look at them, and I'd be happy to try and put together some "help"
files like those found within Pd if somebody would be willing to proof them
for me.  I found the basic things in the GEM HTML manual currently being
worked on by IOhannes, but it was not enough.  Is there more out there
already?  Whether there is or isn't, tell me what I can do to be helpful,
and tell me what I can do to learn.

Thanks list!
-Michael