[PD] Snd as a pd external documentation.

Kjetil S. Matheussen kjetil at ccrma.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 9 22:26:22 CET 2006

Okey. But I'm not sure its a good idea. Snd objects are not
deterministic. If you try to write an object in a different way
(external/subpatch/pyext/etc.) that is supposed to to the same, it will
99% for sure behave slightly different.

The reason is that data-handling in the snd external are threaded and
is run asynchronus to pd, and that all the dsp-handling is performed at
once (once per cycle) for all snd objects, because of performance reasons.
(dsp using the snd external is extremely efficient)

I'm afraid hiding these facts from the user can create confusing
situations...

Regarding the system path settings, aren't they available somewhere
anyway?

And whats a "newly developing namespace"?