[PD] GEM Pix video transparency

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sun Feb 12 16:07:50 CET 2006

hi jonathan

i attached an expample, with that you can blend (change transparency)
between 2 images. just replace [pix_image] with [pix_video] or with
[pix_movie] (or whatever generates pixes).
i think the [alpha] adds a fourth channel to the pix-stream. to change the
transparency (alpha-channel) you need the obj[colorRGB]. i think you could
do the same with [pix_color], but [colorRGB] computes on the gpu, wich is
much faster, if you enabled hardware acceleration (opengl). then you need
[pix_texture] to map the pix-data onto a geo as a texture. also here you
could achieve the same with [pix_draw] instead of using
[pix_texure]-[rectangle], but the latter is much cheaper.

roman