[PD] Mapping library: Where or what is [resample]?

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Feb 12 20:16:09 CET 2006

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:53:42 -0500
Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

> >> Uhm, there are many more objects I seem to be missing. I can guess
> >> the meaning of some and even fake them (like [multi_slider] with a
> >> [table]) however maybe someone in the know can add the missing
> >> objects or give a hint, where to find them?
> >
> > sorry for taking over this thread, but i have a problem in the other
> > direction ... |join| clashes with my |join| external ...
> > i hope, there is a way to resolve this ...
> >

> With the namespace, its no problem.

oops, i haven't seen the |import mapping| in join-help.pd ...

just kidding ... currently pd doesn't have a namespace, that's so
powerful, that i can agree with you ...

a namespace, that's worth the name should:
- allow the use of the same name in different namespaces like
foo/prepend and bar/prepend
but:
- forbid the use of ambiguous names, so using prepend without "import
foo" is not allowed to avoid undefined behaviour...
(programming languages like c++, python or ada are examples)

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
  Confucius