[PD] Audio-Rate GOP possible?

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 12 20:22:31 CET 2006

Hi,

I've made this abstraction, which is a GOP. It's a normal volume
controller, audio on left sides (up+down), and level on right sides.

But when I turn audio on, my CPU jumps to around 40% (Thinkpad 1.5Mhz,
XP). That has nothing to do with how much signal is being processed by pd,
I guess only with the updating of (semi-)Audio-Rate information by tcl/tk,
which seems to be quite expensive.
Is this only a windows issue, or is it a general problem from tcl/tk? Is
it possible in any way to make an abstraction which can update
(semi-)audio-rate information?

Thanks,

Joao

--