[PD] Segmented Patch Chords? PVar / PV?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Feb 13 13:57:07 CET 2006

hi

i never worked seriously with max/msp, so i cannot compare, but from my
experience with pd, i never had any problems with readability of my patches.
i think there are few alternative ways to keep a patch readable than
segmented patch chords, using subpatches or abstractions in order to create
sections with a special functionality. sometimes i even use a
[send]/[receive]-pair instead of a patch cord, just for readability

$0-send/receive: what would be the difference to a NOT-fake-mechanism? (i
don't know pvar nor pv)

roman