[PD] Re: Segmented Patch Chords? PVar / PV?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Feb 14 11:25:04 CET 2006

Hallo,
Item State hat gesagt: // Item State wrote:

> it's more an aesthetic question : distinguishing
> clearly a one-to-many/many-to-one communication (which
> to my understanding is the concept of a send/receive
> with a portname) from a mere one-to-one connection

Good point. To my knowledge, there is no way to do a strictly
one-to-one connection besides doing it with patch cords in Pd, so if
these need to go backwards, you may run into visual problems because
segmented patch cords aren't available. The only thing available are
workarounds like using lots of [t a]-objects. I hope this isn't a
reason for you to ditch Pd and go back to Max only? ;)

Ciao