[PD] externs: pd-extended vs. 0.39-2 vs. wiki page

david golightly davigoli at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 05:43:49 CET 2006

Hi everyone,

I know there's been some discussion on this list about pd-extended vs.
0.39-2: I'm on the hunt for some externals as well & I'd like to know if
there's anywhere we can get these apart from the pd-extended dist.  I
realize I can just download pd-extended and extract them out of there, but
this seems like a lot of trouble to go through for just a couple of
externs.  I'm a big fan of the idea of having a pd-extended dist but I have
been writing lots of patches in 0.39-2 that are no longer backwards
compatible with 0.38-4, so I'd prefer to not have to mess with this version
at all.

Ideally, there would be pd-extended and also an externals repository that's
download-friendly, a wiki page perhaps, where you can download them
individually?  The links on the puredata.org site to the downloads wiki are
apparently broken, and the pd-externals download is almost 3 years old.
Surely there must be externals more recent than this?

Thoughts?

david

PS I'm available for some lightweight site maintenance if there's any way I
can help on a regular basis.