[PD] externs: pd-extended vs. 0.39-2 vs. wiki page

cdr ix at replic.net
Wed Feb 15 06:08:41 CET 2006

> I know there's been some discussion on this list about pd-extended vs.
> 0.39-2: I'm on the hunt for some externals as well & I'd like to know if
> there's anywhere we can get these apart from the pd-extended dist.

> Ideally, there would be pd-extended and also an externals repository that's
> download-friendly, a wiki page perhaps, where you can download them
> individually?

it would be annoying but not impossible to automate the building of externals nightly and putting them up for download somewhere. to avoid things like strange load and link and symbol errors there would probably have to be at least these:

osx86-32, osx-ppc32 osx-ppc64
win32
linux: gcc 3.3, gcc 4.0, various versions of libstdc++, various versions of glibc, on powerpc, i686, amd64

for both:
pd-msp, pd-devel

thats more than a few combinations..are you looking for a particular one? there are at least two ways to build a vast amount of externals using the CVS ('scons' or 'make' in externals/build) which should get something suited to your hw, i agree it would be a nice additional option to just specify the names of the ones you want, say make objects=sprinkler,l2s,pmpd . wanna code it?