[PD] Pure Data and Robotics

CK chris at lo-res.org
Wed Feb 15 20:20:04 CET 2006

I read:
> What is Pure Data's potential for use Robotics

runs on small embedded devices
free access to source makes it easy to extend according to your needs
free access to source makes it easy to cut out all the stuff you don't need
runs on various operating systems
is easy enough to program, the development process is well suited for
gradual improvements/adjustments

> and have people done anything
> robot-like with it in the past.

I guess quite a few people have done things like that. Personally have never
used it for an autonomous robot one of my favorites is maybe iem's
klavierautomat:
http://puredata.info/community/projects/convention04/chronik/saturday/photo_album.2004-10-04.3914564864/photoalbum_photo_view?b_start=0

> I've used the HID external to allow the input of hardware signals into PD,
> but is there even any way of getting a non audio/video signal out of it?

comport
lp
dmx

many more can be [ab]used, and in a typical embedded system you would
probably write your own extern to interface with the specific hardware
anyway.

regards,

chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.net)