PlanetCCRMA's Pd RPMs WAS Re: [PD] pd_gui error

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Feb 16 16:04:10 CET 2006

On Feb 16, 2006, at 2:10 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> pzuspann hat gesagt: // pzuspann wrote:
>
>> I'm running linux fedora core 3 from ccrma - pd and
>> externals wer installed using their rpms.  PD version
>> is 0.37.0-3.cvs.
>
> This is a are very old version of Pd. If possible I would recommend to
> upgrade to the latest version from CVS or at least to 0.38.

Yeah, PlanetCCRMA's Pd packages are quite old, and far from complete.
It would be great to the the PlanetCCRMA RPMs built from Pd-extended
too.  I talked to Nando about that, but he didn't sound interested in
changing anything with how he builds the Pd packages.

Perhaps its time to bring it up with him again.  Basically, if the
PlanetCCRMA RPMs are built from Pd-extended, they'll be more-or-less
automatically updated.

____

                     There is no way to peace, peace is the way.
						        				-A.J. Muste