[PD] Sorry to ask, Medieval QUestion

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Feb 16 16:58:47 CET 2006

Hallo,
hard off hat gesagt: // hard off wrote:

> i don't know what the max/msp community is like , but the knowledge
> and atmosphere of this mailing list is one of the best things about
> PD for me.  it's very cool.

When users approached me regarding the fluid~ external, the Max users
generally asked: "Do you know where I can get a binary of fluid~?"
while Pd users asked: "I compiled [fluid~] and it crashes. Can you
help me?" I suppose, a "Do It Yourself" attitude is more common among
Pd users. But then, Pd users don't have much choice but to rely on
DIY. If you prefer a finished product, choose Max, if you don't fear
getting your hands dirty, Pd may be for you.

Ciao