[PD] Re: py/pyext (offlist)

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Fri Feb 17 11:40:48 CET 2006

Hi David,
i'm cc'ing this to the list - there might be others having the same
problem or people who can help you better than me.

> Hm, I tried adding the script directory to my PD paths, and it didn't
> work, then I restarted PD and it didn't work, then I tried copying all
> the scripts to the "examples" directory (where the example patches I
> was trying are located) and it still didn't work.
It would be helpful to have more detailed information, like what exactly
doesn't work under which circumstances. Try starting PD with the
-verbose flag and try to provide a walk-through so that i can reproduce
your situation.
> Again, [py] will load as an object but [pyext] will not, not even
> typed in an object box by itself - it's like pd doesn't recognize the
> symbol I typed, like I just typed junk.
According to the error output you sent me, this doesn't seem to be the
case. The pyext object is created ok, only the Python scripts can't be
found.
> The [py] object never complained about finding the scripts before, but
> they didn't seem to be working correctly either...
What exactly isn't working correctly?

> I'm actually using 0.2.1 from the pd-extended dist, copied into the
> appropriate folders of my 0.39-2 release.  But all of these things
> happen exactly this way using pd-extended as well.

The console output says that you are using version 0.2.0. So, if you are
really having 0.2.1 in your PD package, then there's obviously another
py/pyext binary somewhere in the path which is loaded beforehand.

best greetings,
Thomas

--
Thomas Grill