[PD] Metro unstable osx

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Fri Feb 17 13:39:22 CET 2006

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 07:19:51 -0500
"Ian Nault" <slavemachine at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Try using phasor~ with snapshot instead of metro. If you have a lot
> going on, metro suffers from the limit of messages per block...
> someone in #max/msp on efnet was explaining this to me. using phasor~
> locks the speed of your counter to the samplerate, which is
> consistent, whereas sometimes messages can be delayed a block if
> there's too much going on. i think so anyways, i might be wrong, but
> it's an option.

that's not quite true for pd ... no messages will be delayed, but it
may result in a dropout, if messaging is taking too long ...
pd's logical clock is connected to the audio interface, so the clock
will be in sync with the audio stream, but not with the "real" time,
it depends more on the latency settings ...
if you need "real" time accurate messaging, use very low latencies, or
don't use audio in the same pd instance ...

hth ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
  Confucius