[PD] Distro Doubt

day 5 day5ive at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 16:11:25 CET 2006

The drivers for ATI are quite well supported under Kanotix and #kanotix
on IRC is always bustling with activity.

When I first loaded the kanotix liveCD, the only problem was the
resolution wasn't right but the following necessary modules were there
and were loaded:

	# color depth
	# wireless modules

which was what I needed to get going with making installation art on Pd
right away.

All I had to do was edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf to set it to the correct
resolution (literally changing 3 lines) and it was ready to go for the
HD install I now use.

In short it took less than a week to apt-get all the required
dependencies to be up and at 'em from the latest CVS of both Pure Data
and GridFlow. I wouldn't go back to demudi.

./d5