[PD] audio i/o stuck?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Feb 17 18:22:13 CET 2006

hm..

- first i would make sure that no other app is using the soundcard.
- then i would try out all possible settings (different drivers) in
'Media -> Audio Settings'.
- make sure that you set the correct channel numbers, in most cases 2 in and
2 out is suitable (depends on your hardware).
- make sure the desired sampling rate is supported by your hardware (44100
should work most of the time)
- try to start pd with the '-noadc'-flag, so pd won't use the input of the
soundcard.
- check if your hardware is supported by the asio4all-driver (
http://www.asio4all.com/ ). if yes, install it and try to use it with pd

maybe there are other things to check (?)...

roman