[PD] pd latency issues with portaudio (sound familiar?)

Tomato Thaumato thaumato.open at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 22:00:30 CET 2006

Hello,

Looking through the archives I see that my problem is certainly not
uncommon, but the solutions weren't clear enough for me to know what
to do.

I'm running a Onyx 400F Firewire device on a windoze machine, and I'm
trying to get low latency.  When I set pd (newest extended version) to
run ASIO I do not get any sound whatsoever.  I'm also not entirely
sure what to try in order to fix this.

If I run in whatever Pd defaults to when I first start up, I get
sound, but it's mega delayed.

Thanks in advance for any advice, and thanks everyone for being so
patient with me and all my troubled posts.
-Michael