[PD] video querying

daniel kosenko zvuk at linuxmail.org
Sun Feb 19 19:52:30 CET 2006

hey David

> Do I have to set the sound up
> myself

yes. its good to know anyway if youre moving to linux. (are you?)

> OS doesn't do any out of the box?

dont expect it. expect to get your hands dirty.

> Plus, how do I find my Windows files, where all my PD stuff is? Will Linux
> see my NTFS hard drive?

google it

> I guess I'll try the Demudi Live CD next, maybe it will work better/easier...

i recommend to install it to your harddrive. it will not be the last time you do it (always good to know the routine).

whichever linuxdistro you will choose (i advise to try them all), dont expect them work out of the box. why do people want to switch to linux anyway (without getting their hands dirty.... which is nice), if everything works fine otherwise. dont expect to get all the answers so easy.

best regards
daniel .