[PD] HID on Windows

Urs Liska pd at ursliska.de
Mon Feb 20 19:04:34 CET 2006

Julian Peterson schrieb:
> HCS--
> What is the current status of HID on Windows?  I vaguely remember
> reading that it was in beta status, although I couldn't find it on
> at.or.at...
>
> I ask because I just finished a work which uses a joystick for input,
> and I'd like to write documentation on how to run the program on various
> platforms.  I'm hoping HID is already incorporated into pd extended for
> windows; if not I'll need to explore the joystick external...
AFAIK, [HID] is not ready yet, therefore:
The joystick external unfortunately doesn't support POV controls. For
axes and buttons it works fine, but you should note that the two
rightmost outlets (for the button events) send their values in the wrong
order (second-to-right comes before right outlet).
The attached abstraction shows you how you can handle this. It works for
any joystick with 4 axes, but can easily changed for others.

HTH
Urs

> Thanks,
> JP