[PD] Routing DVD Audio with Soundflower

Anthony McCreery mcshimby at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 01:15:40 CET 2006

Hello,
 So I am trying to figure out how to get the 6
channels of 5.1 audio from a DVD being played on my
system into PD in realtime. I have a 24 speaker set-up
with a panning algorithm (Wave Field Synthesis) to
space out the sound. I'm using a G5 and have I've
tried using DVD Player and MPlayer through Soundflower
to get the audio in, but they only convey the left and
right channels. Are there any patches for playing a
DVD in PD that will decode the audio? Or video
programs that can decode the audio and pass it to
Soundflower?
Thanks,
Shimby