[PD] Drawing polygons etc.

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Feb 22 09:29:30 CET 2006

Hallo,
Robert Scott hat gesagt: // Robert Scott wrote:

> I'm a relative newcomer to pd and have just about grasped the audio side of
> things. However, I can't seem to make any headway in using templates/structs
> to draw à la section 2.9 of Miller Puckette's manual.
>
> All documentation I've found neglects tell you how to actually get your
> template to draw anything anywhere. If we take for example
> help-drawpolygon.pd, I can't find any explanation of how
> help-drawpolygon-data was created and what objects had to be put into it (and
> how) to represent the instances of the template.
>
> Please can someone tell me it's really simple and I'm just being an idiot?

It's simple and you're not an idiot. ;)

I was told a lot of people found this tutorial useful to get to grips
with data structs easier than with the official documentation. It's a
step-by-step series of patches that should work you from the basics up
to doing arrays (then it suddenly stops):

http://www.puredata.org/community/projects/convention04/lectures/tk-barknecht/tut.tgz

(The URL is one line!)

Ciao