[PD] again: graphic display of data structs and pd-0.39

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Feb 22 19:06:54 CET 2006

Hallo,
Orm Finnendahl hat gesagt: // Orm Finnendahl wrote:

> I sent the message below some time ago and didn't see any
> response. Can somebody comment on it? My work heavily depends on fast
> redrawing of simple polygons and I need to know whether it's a bug or
> a policy change (for good?).

I think, only Miller can really answer this. :( It might be related to
the throttling of data sent between the GUI and Pd's main system, that
was introduced in, I think, 0.38, but then only for number boxes. I
don't know if Miller extended this to data structures. Structs and
drawing instructions have changed sigificantly in 0.39, too, including
more features like scaling, invisibility etc. Maybe this had a bad
influence on their performance as well.

Ciao