[PD] pdp window on another x display

Paris Treantafeles paris at parisgraphics.com
Thu Feb 23 17:48:32 CET 2006

Hi List,

I've been searching the archives but didn't quite find the advice
that I need.

Here's the situation.
Two machines.
One running debian, the other running os x.

I'm using X on both and I can export the display to run pd on the
debian machine but display it on the mac.
Pd shows up, I can load a patch etc.
Then I try to have a pdp window show on the mac and no luck - here's
the situation:

1. pdp_xv seems that the graphics card on my debian box doesn't
support it.
running xvinfo gives "no adaptors present"
i guess this with a display ipOfMac:0.0
would be the way to go.

2. pdp_glx - tried sending this a message with the display of the mac.
it worked for a second then crashes with
X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 150 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
Serial number of failed request: 32

3. pdp_sdl
crashes

Any advice on how to do this would really be appreciated!

Thanks,