[PD] [hid] crashing with segmentation fault

Jerome Tuncer columbiatwo at free.fr
Fri Feb 24 15:22:17 CET 2006

Hi Hans-Christopher,

Sorry for being soooooooooooooooooo late in testing the new fixes but
here I am (=

There's news:

[hid] only crashes (when polling enabled) with the keyboard of my
laptop. As usual, touchpad doesn't report anything (non standard
driver). But both my brand new Wacom Graphire and my mouse seem to
output stuff without no crash!

Here's the output from [hid] compiled in debug when crashing with the
keyboard (space key pressed as reported, but crashes with any key):
____________________________________

hid_float
hid_start
[hid] polling started
INPUT_EVENT: msc msc_scan 57
INPUT_EVENT: key key_space 1
pd_gui: pd process exited
Erreur de segmentation

Common point between all these keyboard crashes are "msc msc_scan" events...

Another thing: it seems that with this new version I only can get "rel"
positions either with my mouse or with the tablet. Is it normal?

Do you need any more output/help?

++

Jé