[PD] pd-devel missing fftw3f

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Fri Feb 24 16:29:45 CET 2006

> switching from gentoo to debian, i tried to compile from cvs pd-devel
> (using scons). where can i find fftw3f it complains about it (fftw3f
> no). i tried scons --help to see options, nothing about fftw. using
> debian unstable, i installed all packages with fft in their names :)
> still not working.

well, you should be able to compile devel without the fftw3f
installed ...
possibly it finds the library, but not the headers? it this case,
there's possibly a fftw3-devel package? gentoo installs usually both
libraries and headers, while debian sometimes installs the headers
separately ...

> also it's been a while, i think you worked on devel for the threadsf?

yes, the threaded sndfiler itself works, but the problem is more the
recompilation of the dsp chain ...
personally, i only use it, because it supports more formats than pd's
soundfiler ... my performance patch is too complex, though ... the
long ... it's a problem of pd's tables and their design ... i don't
think, it will be possible to change the tables to make them work
click-free on more complex patches ... (at least not without rewriting
huge parts and deprecating the current api)

> is cb_scheduler still an option or with jack 0.100 it's not necessary
> anymore? thanks for any tips!

i'm using it by default ...

cheers ... tim

--