[PD] Pd-0.39.2-extended-test0

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Feb 24 18:05:39 CET 2006

Let's keep this on the list since it might be of general interest.

On Feb 24, 2006, at 11:37 AM, Scott Petersen wrote:

> Hi,
> 	Thanks for getting back so quickly.  We'll put this one on the
> shelf for a bit : D  We do try to stay up to date here with the
> releases in case of any new goodies for the kids to play with!

I suppose I should have made this clearer.  Before, the Pd versions
on my site were "Release Candidates" meaning just working out the
final kinks before making a release on puredata.org.  Now, these are
test versions, and I do not recommend them to anyone except those who
want to experiment.

You can get stable versions here:

http://puredata.org/downloads

> 	And speaking of new goodies, I have a question for you.  First, we
> are very appreciative of your time and effort concerning these
> bundles.  They are very convenient and user friendly.  There is one
> object, however, that hasn't seem to make it into the Mac release,
> and that is the plugin~ object.  I've attempted to recode the linux
> version myself, and to get some others interested in doing it with
> me, but no one is interested.  This is a shame as it's a very
> useful little object.  I do not know of another object that acts as
> a bridge (in PD) between PD and effects plugins.  Is it possible
> that this could be included in a future bundle?

I've never used [plugin~] so I am unlikely to do the work.  But once
someone adds it to the Pd-extended build system, it'll be
automatically included in the builds.

____

realize his wishes.
Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
		                                                -William Carlos
Williams