[Pd] Other synthesis methods

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Sun Feb 26 02:10:44 CET 2006

Hi HC,

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I didn't know that LADSPA worked on Mac OS X, that would be good to have
> in Pd-extended.  Any volunteers?  Also, with MinGW, you might just get
> LADSPA working on Windows.  For example, about half of /externals/
> compiled with MSVC.  I think all except [shell] compiled with MinGW.

The folks at Ardour.org have even been so kind as to provide DMG
installers for several of the LADPSA plugin libraries:

http://www.ardour.org/download.php

I don't see the BLOP library there, which is a bit of a pity because
that was one of my problem libraries when I did some research on Linux
apps for OSX last October:

http://music.columbia.edu/pipermail/linux-audio-dev/2005-October/013727.html

You could follow the thread to see some of the authors' suggestions.
Stephane Letz suggested replacing -shared with -bundle in the makefile
to get BLOP and some other LADSPAs to compile:

http://music.columbia.edu/pipermail/linux-audio-dev/2005-October/013733.html

I guess [plugin~] would need to be compiled for LADSPA support, right? I
don't find [plugin~] in your extended installers, HC, so I couldn't
check and see if the LADSPA libs work "out of the box".

best,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl