[Pd] Other synthesis methods

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 11:58:24 CET 2006

Hi,

If people are looking for anaolgue-style, 'legacy' synth emulations, I would recommend looking at DSSI plugins as well as LADSPA plugins. Whysynth, for example has a nice range of basic waveforms, and a very useable GUI for editing patches. See dssi.sourceforge.net.

All of these can be incorporated into a PD patch with my dssi~ object which is available in CVS and on puredata.org. It compiles on both Linux and OS X, and there is an OS X binary in the archive on the puredata site.

You will need something like GTK+OSX to compile the GTK based plugins on OS X.

Jamie