[PD] Extended installers feedback: win/osx/linux

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Tue Feb 28 00:14:10 CET 2006

On 2/25/06, derek holzer <derek at x-i.net> wrote:

> 2) OSX
>
> * As I've reported several times before, the GUI ranges from slow to
> unresponsive. The -nrt flag does seem to help fix this problem, although
> I'm not sure if that means more audio glitches or not. The only other
> workaround seems to be to reduce patch complexity and the number/update
> times of GUI elements.

There will probably be more dropouts, so the choice is more responsive GUI
or fewer dropouts.  I have never found a solution to making Pd particularly
usable for audio on OSX.  I use SuperCollider personally.

* PDP did not get the testing it needed because most participants
> neglected to install X11.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/x11formacosx.html

That works for 10.3.  For 10.4 you might need an installer disc.