[PD] midi learn, osc learn - state saving

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 2 18:30:39 CET 2006

Hallo,
patrick hat gesagt: // patrick wrote:

> in the process of making an audio patch (in, out, fx, seq etc.) link
> with open sound control and my uc-33e (midi controller). i was using
> memento for the first version of my patch. now i tried the simpler
> state-saving patch from frank for pd 0.39.2 - nice! but still missing to
> pd is a midi learn and osc learn. it works like that:
>
> 1) bang "learning"
> 2) touch a gui
> 3) move 1 controller from your device (uc-33e in my case)
> 3) or move 1 gui from another computer link by osc
> 4) save this setup

rradical/control/rrad.evo33.pd and rradical/control/rrad.evo33b.pd are
patches I made t do this for the UC33(e). They lack "OSC-learn",
instead I just provide a symbol-box, where you can input the OSC
targets to use for that specific slider or knob. Howver you can set
and save a "scaling". For example you can scale the midi-CC values
(0,127) to be (-1,+1) for a knob and also save that.

The nice thing about this is, that you can switch between presets
easily. A certain mapping from Midi->OSC is just a substate in
Memento. By switching substates you can also change the mapping, the
scaling, the targets etc.

Ciao