[PD] Couldn't Create sndfiler thread: 1?

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Mar 5 20:09:44 CET 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-05 at 00:20 -0500, Spencer Russell wrote:
> Hey there,
> I'm working with some patches with lots of samples, and as the RAM on
> my machine is pretty limited, it would be nice to be able to load and
> unload samples without the horrific dropouts I've been getting. I'm
> having some trouble getting any sort of threaded soundfiler to work,
> however. pd 0.39-devel doesn't want to compile on my machine, so I'm
> trying with CVS main(0.40). I got threadlib and sndfiler to compile
> and install just fine, but when I try to create a [sndfiler] object, I
> get "Couldn't create sndfiler thread:1" in the pd messages. Any ideas
> on how to fix this?

1. if you post your problems compiling devel_0_39, i might be able to
help

2. please write, which operating system you're using

3. depending on the complexity of your patches the sndfile might
work ... my personal performance patch is too complex, so it's suffering
from the fact, that the synchronisation i'm using is a bad hack ... if
you _need_ to load soundfiles in a click-free manner, pd is the wrong
tool

tim

--
TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

Silence is only frightening to people who are compulsively
verbalizing.
  William S. Burroughs