[PD] Pix_video with ieee1394 on debian/kanotix

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Thu Mar 9 21:12:41 CET 2006

Hallo!

> thanks, I'll try that - I'm new to cvs and compiling, just jumping in
> at the deep end by setting up this box from scratch after using pd on
> OSX for a couple of years

okay:
- how to download gem from cvs: http://gem.iem.at/download.html#CVS (you
don't need GemLibs)
- then you have to install all dependencies - see [1]
- then go into Gem/src and try configure - make (or see README.linux in
Gem/src)

LG
Georg

[1]:
Debian-users:
On a Debian system (most of) these library are already in your distribution.
Some packages, that are not in the official Debian-release (esp.
libmpeg3(-dev)), can be found at
  http://marillat.free.fr
you might have to put a line like
  deb http://marillat.free.fr/ stable main
into your /etc/apt/sources.list

#> apt-get install libgl-dev ftgl-dev libtiff3g-dev libjpeg62-dev
libmpeg3-dev libavifile-0.7-dev libquicktime-dev libdv4-dev