[PD] Green splitted pictures

nicolas.sauret at laposte.net nicolas.sauret at laposte.net
Sat Mar 11 08:53:35 CET 2006

> if you have an nvidia card then i don't see a reason why you
would want
> to "escape using openGL" - that's the thing where your card
is good at.
> if you don't want to use it, you should have bought a
cheaper card.

The reason is that I'm using PD only to synchronise the
screening of 4 streams on 4 computers with no particular
processing for which openGL would have been definitely
usefull. Since the bitrate of my QT files are quite big, I
believed it would be faster to play it directly through xv.
Maybe I'm wrong ?
I have managed to convince the technical staff to install 4
linux for my artwork, these are not my pc but university's
one. It's already quite a performance to introduce Linux in a
Hong Kong's institution, believe me. I have written a paper
about OSS and it's the first time i'm actually using it for an
artwork (newbees Linux and PD...). And it does make sense to
me as an "artist" to developp my work under Open Source OS and
software (I guess that's the case of everybody here),  but now
I need to make it work ;)

> if you are not afraid of using proprietary software, then i
strongly
> suggest getting nvidia's drivers (not just the opensource
replacement
> "nv"): the performance is far(!) better (but it's not as
correct in a
> political way)

I've installed the driver already. Still the same problem. cf
answer to Yves D.

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34 €/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)