[hid] crashes Re: [PD] Couldn't Create sndfiler thread: 1?

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Fri Mar 17 09:06:26 CET 2006

Hallo!

> I have a two week residency at STEIM coming up at the end of May  where
> I am going to be working on nothing but HID related stuff.  Bug  reports

I installed hid this week and encountered a few things:

the build system was really confusing for me, I spent quite a time to see
how it works:
- typing "make" as in readme doesn't do much ...
- after some time I noticed, that I have to download more stuff from
cvs/packages ... why that?
- okay, then typing "make" still did not work - "make all" worked ...

then hid alwas crashes, if I open a device and send "1" message to start it:
- backtrace only says, that it is somewhere in hid_read (don't remember the
real name) ... then I tried to fix it with setting breakpoints in that
function, but then nothing happen ... so I gave up because I had not much
time

I discoverd this behaviour all the time on various computers ... I only have
one working hid binary, compiled 1 year ago, which works everywhere ...
(but I can try to give you more information about those crashes next week
...)

LG
Georg

--
Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer