[PD] Pd's wikipedia page

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Mar 31 12:22:11 CEST 2006

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 12:01:04PM +0200, pd-list-request at iem.at wrote:
> Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:18:13 -0800
> From: "david golightly" <davigoli at gmail.com>
> Subject: [PD] Pd's wikipedia page
>
> Hey list,
>
> I found myself on Wikipedia today inspecting "our" site for Pd.  I
> made some changes, added some info and uploaded a screenshot of a
> patch I happened to have open at the time.  The screenshot before was

Heheh, good how yr dnb patch has only two tempos - that is so very dnb.

> also has capability to upload PD (as in Public Domain) sound samples
> up, though it's hard to know where to start with Pd.  Also, is there

My favorite very 'pd sound' is made with a really simple patch:

[hslider]

[mtof]

[osc~]

[dac~]

Set the constraints of the slider to be between 127 and 200, and
then fiddle the hslider around randomly. There are many interesting
modulations up there. It fits nicely with a quote that Miller once made
about how users will always do unpredictable things like play sounds at
frequencies greater than the base sample rate.

> anything like a list of actual performing artists who use Pd either
> live or in studio?  I'm sure several on this list are worthy of
> mention...

Not sure about worthy of mention, but I write lots of music with Pd.

Thanks for yr work on the page.

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx
http://mccormick.cx