[PD] fluid~ crashes

Ben Saylor bensaylor at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 3 05:22:33 CEST 2006

Hi Frank, list,

When I open fluid~-help.pd or create a fluid~ object, Pd segfaults.  I
have flext and fluid~ from current CVS, pd-0.39-0, gcc 4.0.3 (have also
tried with 4.1), Debian unstable.  I compiled fluidsynth 1.0.6 without
LADSPA support.  I found that it was crashing in the beginning of
fluid_init(), here:

if (synth != NULL) {
	delete_fluid_synth(synth);
}

presumably because synth should have been intialized to NULL but was
not.  So I set synth = NULL in the constructor.  Now, it spits out the
following to the terminal and dies:

*** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x082586f8 ***

Now, the crash happens here:

settings = new_fluid_settings();

Any ideas would be appreciated, as I'd really like to be able to use
fluid~...

Thanks,
Ben