[PD] Analog/good-sounding oscillators in PD

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Thu Apr 6 22:13:35 CEST 2006

Howdy,

cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com wrote:

 > 1. Does anyone have any good, "analog-sounding" oscillators already
 > created? I guess I only need saw, PWM square, and triangle, but they need
 > to sound GOOD (like Reaktor, basically).

The best oscillator sounds I've gotten out of PD have been from
[plugin~] and the BLOP LADSPA plugins. They are bandwidth-limited so you
don't get any aliasing, which is the weakness of most any other way of
doing it in PD, and the aliasing is probably what makes it the most
"digital sounding". Linux only for now, I afraid. At least until
[plugin~] gets ported to OSX correctly at least, but they sound pretty
"Reaktor-like"(tm). I use the [vcf~] filters, and they are passable but
not great. You could also look into the [blosc] external, but I've never
used it.

best,

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 128: