[PD] Reverberation in PD: suggestions?

alberto.zin at poste.it alberto.zin at poste.it
Fri Apr 7 16:30:52 CEST 2006

Hi list,

this is my first post, I'm on PD since ~ 6
months (-> newbie :). Currently I'm working on a patch
that needs tons of reverberation. I'm on Windows with PD
0.39.2.

I've searched a bit in the archives and at the end I
realized that there are mainly 4 reverberation
sources in PD:

1) freeverb~
2) the tutorial patches from PD documentation
3) cheepieverb~ (from dglibpd)
4) VST~ -> VST reverb's (Win only!)

Am I missing something ?

About freeverb~: I noticed that in the past it used
to have 7 inlets, allowing some flexibility. In the
current PD-Ext distribution, the freeverb.dll has two
inlets, am I right? Anyone saw the disappeared inlets
around ? :-) Does anyone has a .dll with the other
controls (I saw them in Derek Holzer's ParticleChamber...)

What is your best reverb flavour in PD ?
Do you think it is comparable with the best VST effects
in the VST scene (like SIR, to cite a freeware one?)

If you read up to here, thanks for your patience !

Bye,

Alberto Zin