[PD] popen and command prompt windows

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Apr 11 00:15:45 CEST 2006

A solid solution would probably be to implement copy, move, and
delete objects in C.  It would probably be quite easy.  Its on my
TODO, but not anywhere near the top for a while.

.hc

On Apr 10, 2006, at 4:14 PM, chris clepper wrote:

> I have set up popen to do some file system tasks (opening, moving
> and deleting files) which works.  It does have a major annoyance in
> that for each command passed, a command prompt window opens and
> then closes (stealing focus).  Is there any way to not have the
> window open at all?  I set the command prompt application property
> to run minimized but that only controls how the app launches when
> double clicked.
>
> Also, commands seem to take rather long to complete although I'm
> not sure how the window opening plays into that.

____

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.
                                             - General Smedley Butler