[PD] OSX and multiple sound devices

Ti Bo tim at timesup.org
Fri Apr 14 20:27:17 CEST 2006

Hi,

   has anyone had any (successful!) experience using multiple soundcards
in PD under OSX? I am trying to use several devices (I can see them
using
pd -listdev from the command line) by adding the command -audiodev 2,3,5
to the startup and I am only getting the first device.

Just to make things more complicated, the first two devices are
Bluetooth
headsets (both have been tested alone and work) and the third device is
the virtual device Soundflower. I have tried to use Jack but the
Jack manual explicitly says that Jack will only support one hardware
device at a time!

Have I managed to corner myself into an impossible situation where the
OSX version of Pd can only deal with one hardware device at a time,
regardless
of what it seems to be saying on the command line help? Or is there a
way forward?

I hope someone can help,

cheers,

tim

-----    Tim Boykett  TIME'S UP::Research Department
  \ /   Industriezeile 33b A-4020 Linz Austria
   X    +43-732-787804(ph)   +43-732-7878043(fx)
  / \  tim at timesup.org    http://www.timesup.org
-----
http://www.timesup.org/fieldresearch/setups/index.html