[PD] feature request for [list]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Apr 19 19:02:14 CEST 2006

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Miller Puckette wrote:

> The negative index thing for "nth" sounds like a bad idea, out of
> keeping with Pd's more usual style of limiting out-of-range values to
> the end of the range in question.

Ok, so you want people to do it like this instead?

  [t l l]
   |   |
   |  [list length]
   |   |
   |  [- ] <--- feed me
   |   |
  [list nth]

well, people can use this. the question is, how many will get bored with
the circumlocution. Why not adapt the rest of Pd so that it accepts
negative indices?

Also, what do you think of using an abstraction for the complex product on
signals and actually using it in the example patches? What if your Pd
actually came with abstractions? We want to see your abstractions.

> I'm more worried about bug fixes and new platgorms

Yeah, I'd be worried about new flatworms too.