[PD] PDDP meeting?

day 5 day5ive at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 22:54:04 CEST 2006

Perhaps an idea might be an API function to Pd that scans the user's Pd
externals directory (on *nix nominally /usr/local/lib/pd/extra) and
dumps a list of all main_ symbols found to the Pd window or the
stdout... similar to how users can access GridFlow's "profiler_dump"
via a menu; Something like "Help" -> "Dump Externals List".

Even better, if it was an API function users could run Pd with a
certain flag (similar to ./csound -z1) that will dump a list of all
externals and if Pd senses this flag on the commandline it would return
a list to the stdout and exit. That way users could keep personal
repositories in text files and it would be easy to see if new externals
were being installed correctly or not.

./d5